Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Begin to Hope

Lately I've been having vivid nightmares about the end of the world.
This time, it was the end of the world and I was the only one who realized it, although it was obvious. There were storms and chaos and I just felt it. It was real.
Then my mom and sister were there and got angry with me for some reason, something to do with my personality and choices that I had been making my entire life.
(If I sit here and try to think of details it hurts my head).
So I cried because I felt so alone. And the world just kept on ending.

The other day (in reality) I was in my car at a stoplight and I was just thinking that I had been driving alone for a long time. I began to think about myself and my life at this point in time. And I laughed to myself at how alone and ridiculous I felt. And how, no matter how many friends I hang out with and things that I do, I'm always coming home to my own little lonely thoughts at the end of each day.
Then I looked up at the car in front of me, and they had a bumper sticker that said:
"YOU ARE NOT ALONE." With an American flag and a Star of David behind it.
I'm not Jewish, but just the implication of God was enough to convince me that it was a sign from Him.
I should know better than to push God out of my life, and then wonder why there is a void.
And I should know better than to struggle with destiny and His plan for me. I'm going to quit being stubborn and just live my wonderful life. Pray. Write. Love. Learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment