Monday, August 23, 2010

and we're caught up in the crossfire of Heaven & Hell

It's so weird to be back in Sacramento. I don't remember what I used to do when I lived here. I guess that's why I left in the first place, because I wanted a change, but I know I just haven't tried enough to experience things around here.
It's strange, though, to have old memories everywhere I go again. It seems like everything reminds me of a time in my life; I've either worked or lived in almost every area here. It's almost overwhelming. And even though it was a short time that I was gone, a lot has changed. My mom's house and my sister's house are both places that I've only stayed in while visiting, so this section of Sac is new to me.

The past couple days have been in the 100s, and it's ridiculous. I have a pathetic semester at school, one Microeconomics class, but it will be good to focus on it. I feel so unmotivated lately, usually these periods of apathy don't last this long.

With all this free time, I really want to spend time writing, working on languages, poetry. I think sometimes I spend too much time reading, and I am lucky to be able to take advantage of this time doing things I want to do like learning on my own and getting stuff written. Speaking of reading, I need to "review" The Shadow of the Wind. Anyone who loves books needs to read it. It is marvelous, darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment