Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Dream I Had

Me and Francis are on a drive. He is taking me somewhere for the weekend. He drives a long way, I'm not sure where we're going, and I think I'm sleeping most of the way. He brought our friend's dog for some reason, it doesn't really occur to me until later that it was a stupid decision. He packed me a very small bag; I opened it to find a couple sweaters that I never wear anymore.

We finally get to this beautiful inn over a big beautiful river. He goes inside to make the arrangements and I stay outside looking around. There are people everywhere, it's sort of a carnival. There's this crazy contraption in the middle of a field that a woman is inside of, it's some kind of ride. It looks like a cage but it's swinging her around in the air in all directions. It seems very dangerous, and at the end the cage turns into a big Jonah's whale, and she exits it. To the left is a beautiful view of a huge European looking bridge over more water.

I strike up a conversation with a woman to the right of me, she sees the book I'm holding and says that she thinks it's really good. She travels on down the road, she says she's off somewhere with her husband. I go back inside, the hallway is very small. There is a small dining room where a man is talking with two Middle-Eastern men with big black beards and turbans. It seems to be their hotel room, or part of a restaurant, but there isn't a window between us, it's a thin veil-like screen. They don't really notice me or anyone else, they're just talking to each other.

I'm off to the bathroom. Then i'm sitting in there for what seems like forever. Suddenly, I can't get up, I'm so dizzy and disoriented. I hear my Dad's voice from outside the door. I hear myself say, "What are you doing here?" I stumble out toward the bathroom door and see him, we're in his house. I feel so strange. I look in the mirror and my eyes are large green spots, no pupils. I'm trying to explain to him that there's something wrong with me. "Look, I have no pupils!" But he's going from room to room, unalarmed. Then he says, "Oh, you're just too good." I knew he meant good-natured, silly and naive. Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment